Senior Design Engineer, Mechanical
Download a PDF
A Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for new product development projects and product support for existing products.
- Location: Redmond, WA, USA
A Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for new product development projects and product support for existing products. Primary activities include all aspects of product design, product documentation, and active participation in cost reduction activities. Other activities include documentation system support and project management.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer reports to the Director of Engineering.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mechanical Design - Provide primary design input for new and existing products. This includes product research, evaluation of design options, detailed design and full development of cost effective solutions to a variety of engineering problems or activities.
- Project Management - Plan and coordinate all aspects of a variety of design activities from conceptualization to product release as well as responsibility for follow-on cost and quality performance.
- Manufacturing Support - Act as Engineering liaison to Operations. Troubleshoot production issues as required. Participate in Material Review Board activities, including root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Product Evaluation - Develop product performance and quality standards. Establish product performance baseline and monitor ongoing quality. Resolve quality issues as required.
- 7+ years of engineering experience in a product development and manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of CAD experience required, Solidworks preferred
- Experience with design and manufacturing issues relative to component fabrication and assembly
- Able to manage multiple concurrent projects and deliverables on an aggressive schedule
- Demonstrated ability to work with engineers from various disciplines
- Experience with design for high volume, personal care product manufacturing preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to present ideas clearly to others using a variety of presentation media
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience